Our garden has been amazing this year. We picked over 80 lb. of tomatoes by mid July. We have dehydrated most of them, but we have had so many wonderful salads. This favorite is a summer salad with an Asian twist.
We made both the salad and the dressing. We also tested out a couple of our Kingfisher Designs sets while we were at it.
- Spinach and spring mix leaves
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chopped in small pieces
- 1/4 cup dehydrated cranberries,
- 1 Clementine sectioned
- 2 T. Sunflower Seeds
- 1 chicken breast cut in cubes and sauted in olive oil
- Greens - we used mixed spinach and spring mix.
- 3 T Olive oil
- 1 T Ponzu Citrus sauce or squeeze 1/2 an orange
- 2 T Red wine vinegar
- 1 T Rice wine vinegar
- 2 T Panda sweet Pepper sauce.
- 1/8 Tsp. grated ginger
Shake well and chill- you can adjust the recipe to your own taste or what you might happen to have on hand. Try shrimp instead of chicken or perhaps use raisins instead of cranberries.
We are serving this dish with this salad set - Abstract Leaf Salad Set. We are preparing for the fall show season and spending a lot of time in the workshop, so look for new work and ideas for using the new pieces..